Founded in 2013
Credit Benchmark is a “give to get” counter-party risk data aggregation platform.
- CB secures credit risk views from dozens of banks and then translates them to create anonymous, consensus ratings and summary stats.
- The combined data is then sold to contributing banks, subscribers, and third-party data distributors.
- By bringing together inputs from 20,000 analysts from 40+ of the world’s leading financial institutions, Credit Benchmark provides insights across geographies and sectors.
- CB’s platform creates unique measures of risk on 50,000+ entities globally.
Investment Thesis & Terms
- Credit Benchmark is addressing a large market where buyers have a high demand for additional credit/counterparty risk data.
- Proven leadership team and very impressive investors.
- CB’s Founder sold DataExplorers, a contributed data firm, to Markit for $250mm+.
- CB has gained in five years 40+ bank contributors and has the leading consensus-view database.
- Data aggregation is hard to replicate, and makes CB a strong, valued acquisition target by major credit agencies and risk management providers.