Communitas is a unique venture capital firm
Founded by three former public company CEOs, Communitas seeks to invest in and partner with the most innovative FinTech, Future of Work, marketplace, and infrastructure blockchain companies.
Doug, Tom and Duncan, successful leaders in the financial services industry, have run companies and executed transactions that shaped much of the current FinTech market landscape.
- Former CEO of Instinet
- Former CEO of Majestic Research
- Former Head of Guggenheim Partners Venture Capital Business
- Former CEO of Thomson Reuters
- BOD Observer of Symphony Communication Services
- BOD Member of Morgan Stanley
- Former CEO of NYSE
- Former Goldman Sachs Partner
- BOD Member First Republic Bank
- BOD Member Realogy Holdings
We partner with entrepreneurs who share our passion for industry-changing ideas.
We roll up our sleeves to help exciting companies reach their potential.
We believe it is fundamentally unfair for only the ultra-rich to be able to invest in emerging and disruptive companies.
Our Advisory Board
- Professor Duke University
- Founding member of the Center for Advanced Hindsight
- Author of Predictably Irrational
Global Head of Community at Airbnb
- Co-Founder and Chairman of ‘Peers’
- Co-Founder of ‘Purpose’
- Former Partner and Chief Community Officer at Meetup
Advisor Dexplora AB
- Founder of Blinkbox Music Ltd in 2006
- Founder & Managing Partner of Reuters
- Venture Capital
- Founder of Greenhouse Fund
CEO, Miles Howland Co.
- Co-founded Miles Howland Education Partners
- Partner and Managing Director at BV Group Ventures LLC
- Founding Partner & Managing Director at Blue Water Capital LLC
- President & Board Director of Crux Informatics
- Former Chief Operating Officer of NYSE Euronext
- Former CEO of Redibook
Peter Y Lee
- CEO of RapidMiner
- Former EVP of TIBCO Software
- Former investment banker at JP Morgan
- Co-founder & Managing Partner of Ofek Venture Partners
- Co-founder and Managing Partner of Magma Venture Partners
- CEO of FinServ Acquisition Corp
- Former Vice Chairman at Barclays
- Former Head of Specialty Finance Group, founded Financial Technology Team at Lehman Bros.
- Managing Partner Nue Capital LLC
- Chair of the Board of Directors of Cartica Management.
- Trustee of Americans for Oxford University.
- Managing Director & Country Manager of Intel Capital, Israel
- 20+ Years of Venture Capital Experience.
- Former General Partner, Genesis Partners.
- CEO Foresight Acquisition Corp
- Former Co-Manager, William Blair Small Cap Growth Fund
The financial services “operating system” is changing
Numerous opportunities exist for disruptive innovation and new company growth
Established players must transform large segments of their businesses in order to remain competitive
How? Through acquisition
Capital markets were the first to be disrupted
Large-scale data processing
These same dynamics are being applied to other sectors
Media and information
Marketplaces and payments
Privacy / cyber security