- Doug has been an investor, founder, and senior executive in the financial technology industry for over 25 years.
- Doug began his career at Instinet, the world’s first electronic stock exchange, where he rose to become the company’s CEO and led its $464 million IPO in 2001.
- He was a co-founder of Efficient Frontiers, a consulting and research firm specializing in trading technology, regulation, and market structure.
- Doug was also the CEO of Majestic Research, a data-driven research firm catering to large global fund managers. Majestic was acquired by ITG (NYSE:ITG).
- Most recently, Doug ran Guggenheim Partners’ venture capital business.
- Throughout his career, Doug has been an active investor, with a particular emphasis on financial technology, crowdfunding, “marketplaces” and data-driven companies.
- New York Magazine selected Doug as one of the Top New Yorkers for his leading role in redefining the financial marketplace, and Institutional Investor profiled him as one of the top 30 individuals making the greatest impact on e-finance.