- Duncan has been an operator, investor and senior executive in the global financial services industry for over 25+ years.
- He served as the CEO of NYSE Euronext from 2007 to 2014.
- Duncan was a partner of Goldman Sachs, where he worked from 1985 to 2007, most recently running their electronic trading business and co-managing their equities and strategic investment businesses.
- He has received numerous career distinctions and honors, most notably the John C. Whitehead Award for leadership. He was also recognized as an Honorary Commander of the British Empire (CBE) by her majesty Queen Elizabeth II in 2013 for his efforts to advance the peace process in Northern Ireland.
- An active supporter of the military, Duncan sits on the Leadership Council of the Bob Woodruff Foundation and the advisory board of Team Rubicon.
- In addition to advising a small number of startup companies, Duncan is a Founding Partner of the Mountain Top Advisory Group, a sports-focused professional services firm, and the Non-Executive Chairman of Scenic Advisement, LLC, which provides capital markets services to private companies.
- He also sits on the boards of First Republic, Realogy Holdings and his alma mater, Colgate University.
- Duncan earned an MBA from Emory University and a BA from Colgate University.
- He and his wife Alison led the Newmark School’s “Destination of Promise” campaign, which built a state of the art school for children with autism and related disabilities in Scotch Plains, New Jersey.