- Tom has been an active investor via his family office since he stepped down as Chief Executive Officer of Thomson Reuters in December, 2011.
- Prior to April 2008, Tom was CEO of Reuters. He joined Reuters in 1993, holding a number of key leadership positions within the organization prior to becoming CEO in 2001.
- Tom practiced law at Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York, Paris and Tokyo from 1984 to 1993.
- He is a director of Merck & Co., Inc., Morgan Stanley, Symphony Communications (observer), Publicis Groupe, K2 Intelligence, Inc., and the Atlantic Council.
- He is Executive Chairman of Blueteam Global LLC and Co-Founder and Executive Chairman of Capitolis, Inc.
- Tom is also a trustee of the Cleveland Clinic and serves on The International Advisory Group of Linklaters LLP.
- Tom has served on several academic/not-for-profit organizations and advisory councils including the American Law Institute, the Council on Foreign Relations and the International Business Council of the World Economic Forum, the Columbia Global Center (Paris) Advisory Board, the President’s Council on International Activities at Yale University, the Yale Law School Association Executive Committee, and the European Business Leaders Council.
- Tom holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from Columbia University (1981) and a J.D. from Yale Law School (1984).